Accounts Payable Specialist
Join the Leading Foundation Repair Company in Nashville
The Accounts Payable Specialist will provide support to the accounting department, while maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local guidelines and regulations.
- Active Learning Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Active Listening Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking Talking to others to convey information effectively, keeping both customers and employees updated.
- Writing Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience, including various levels of management and all personnel.
- Production and Processing Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Complex Problem Solving Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Time Management Prioritizing and meeting deadlines, including all short- lead times.
- Receive and distribute incoming accounts payable invoices and related documents for approval
- Assist in the accounts payable process by communicating with vendors and subcontracts to ensure timely payments are made
- Prepare and process invoices in online system accurately and timely
- Review and verify Vendor Statements as needed
- Management of pending approved accounts payable
- Prepare and process weekly vendor payments
- Establish new vendors in accordance with company policies
- Manage deposits made on required purchase orders
- Maintain 1099 vendor files for accuracy and up to date W9’s for tax reporting
- Management and reconciliation of multiple credit card and corporate charge accounts
- Work closely with other departments within the company to validate purchases and resolve any discrepancies
- Assist in streamlining the accounts payable process by identifying areas for
- Supports other members of the accounting team as needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
- Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other people in an office setting
- Requires work with others in a team to accomplish work activities
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma
- 0-2 years of accounts payable or accounting experience
- Experience in Sage 100 or Intacct is a plus
- Salesforce experience is a plus
- Acute attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Reliable Transportation
- Pay ranges from $17 to $19 per hour depending on experience.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Sitting for long periods of time
If you are interested and meet the job qualifications above, please complete the USS job application online. You can also complete an application and submit it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may drop off at our office at 2111 Boat Factory Road, Pleasant View, TN. If you have any questions concerning this posting, you may call our office at 615-227-2275 and speak with our Human Resources Department.
United Structural Systems, LLC (USS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. USS does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or status as a disabled veteran.
“I have rarely dealt with any company that comes close to USS in the quality of work they do, and in the honesty, ethics, character, and integrity of their company, staff, and repairmen.” Sandra
“USS is my go-to vendor for everything related to foundation concerns and repairs!” M.E. Myhre - Compass Realty
“If you need foundation repairs this company definitely has your best interest at heart and are very straight forward and honest to deal with.” JV
“A fantastic result. When completed, this "crawl space" will become a 1500sf suite with 9'6" ceilings. Could not have done this without USS.” Rob B.
“Very satisfied customer and I’m able to sleep better during heavy rain not worrying about my crawl space anymore!” Steven F.
We're the right choice.
Lifetime GuaranteeAt no additional charge, we offer transferable lifetime warranties on our foundation repair and waterproofing services.
An Experienced TeamWe’ve worked with over 25,000 customers in Tennessee, Kentucky, and Alabama. Many of our team members have been with us for 5, 10, 15 years or longer.
Hundreds of 5-Star ReviewsOur customer reviews speak for themselves. Click here to check them out.
call for a free consultation.
25+ Years and CountingWe’ve been serving residential and commercial customers since 1994.
Payment & Financing OptionsWe don’t ask for payment until the repairs are completed. We offer financing plans, accept major credit cards and personal checks.
We Won't Sell You An Unnecessary RepairIf your foundation doesn’t need a repair, we’ll let you know.