Nashville Crawl Space Repair
Crawl Space Repair Solutions in Nashville and Bowling Green
Your crawl space plays a key role in the structure and safety of your home. Even though it is hidden from view, the condition of your crawl space can dramatically affect your living space. Because this part of the home is rarely inspected by most homeowners, problems here tend to fester and get worse over time until they have become extensive. When these problems are left alone for too long, they can become serious hazards to the longevity of your property and the health and safety of your family.
If you have noticed musty odors, sagging floors, high energy bills, pests, or other structural issues, it is time to call the professionals at United Structural Systems. Our Nashville crawl space repair team can perform a full inspection and recommend the best solutions to any issues that we find. We offer comprehensive structural repair and waterproofing services, and our highly trained, hardworking crew can get your home fixed up with ease. Depending on the condition of your property, our skilled contractors can remove, replace, repair, or reinforce components of your crawl space — resulting in a clean, dry, and secure space. We guarantee our best and will demonstrate why we are trusted by countless homeowners throughout our community.
We are committed to helping you tackle any issues we find in your crawl space. Call (615) 307-9510 or contact us online to request a free estimate today.
Many people do not regularly check their crawl spaces, and understandably so. Most crawl spaces are dark and dirty, but our team can handle this unpleasant task for you. We know what to look for and will explain the cause of and solution for any problem we find.
Some of the most common issues our Nashville crawl space repair experts see include:
- Water and moisture damage. Excessive humidity in your crawl space can do serious damage over time just like leaks or floods. Moisture can wreak havoc on your wooden beams and other structural components, resulting in rotting, splitting, and weakening. It can also lead to dangerous mold and mildew growth.
- Inadequate support. Sometimes, a home’s floors and general structure are not being properly supported because of overspanning girders and beams. This is a construction error that can result in sagging floors and the general settling of your home.
- Pest infestations. Pests like insects and rodents love a dark, humid, dirty place to live, and it can be surprisingly easy to get into a home’s crawl space if it has not been properly sealed. Some insects can bore away at your wood, triggering structural damage over time, while other pests can carry diseases and cause other sanitation issues.
- Foundation settling. Signs of foundation settlement are often visible in a crawl space, so we always look for shifts in concrete walls, soil changes, and other indications of movement. We offer a variety of repair solutions if we discover your home or business’s foundation is settling.
Crawl Space Repair Methods
No two crawl spaces are alike, and your problem calls for a custom solution. When we inspect your crawl space, we will walk you through why we are proposing the solution we are proposing.
Our team at USS is prepared to implement a tailored solution for your crawl space, which may include:
- Encapsulation. Crawl space encapsulation is the process of sealing off your home's crawl space from the outside environment. This involves installing a vapor barrier on the walls and floors of the crawl space to prevent moisture and humidity from entering. Encapsulation also helps insulate the crawl space, which can lead to energy savings. By encapsulating your crawl space, you can protect your home from issues such as mold growth, pest infestations, and structural damage caused by water damage. It can also improve indoor air quality by reducing allergens and other harmful pollutants that may enter through a damp or musty crawl space. Overall, crawl space encapsulation is an effective way to protect your home and create a healthier living environment for you and your family.
- Waterproofing. Crawl space waterproofing involves installing a drainage system around the perimeter of the area and sealing off any cracks or gaps in the foundation walls to prevent water from seeping in. Waterproofing can also involve installing a sump pump to remove any standing water that may accumulate in the crawl space. By waterproofing your crawl space, you can protect your home from issues such as mold growth, wood rot, and structural damage caused by excess moisture. Adequate waterproofing will also limit the introduction of allergens and pollutants, improving your home or business’s indoor air quality.
- Dehumidifiers. Using a dehumidifier in a crawl space is an effective way to control the humidity levels and prevent moisture buildup, when paired with encapsulation. By reducing the humidity levels with a dehumidifier, you can inhibit the growth of mold and mildew, which can cause health issues such as allergies and respiratory problems. Additionally, controlling the moisture levels in your crawl space can also improve energy efficiency by reducing the workload on your HVAC system. Dehumidifiers are available in different sizes and types for various crawl space sizes and conditions. We can help you choose a model that suits your needs and ensures optimal performance.
- Structural Support Enhancement. Your home needs a strong and stable crawl space to properly hold its weight. Our team can install structural support jack posts, additional beams or joists, and other trusted products to restore proper integrity.
How Much Does Crawl Space Repair Cost?
Promptly addressing crawl space problems is an important part of caring for your home’s safety, stability, property value, and energy efficiency. Ignoring these issues can lead to more severe complications that cost far more to resolve. In other words, the sooner you get in touch with a professional, the better. With that said, we understand that crawl space repairs are often an unanticipated expense, and you may not necessarily have the financial resources to fully cover the work that needs to be done. Fortunately, we offer flexible payment arrangements for our Nashville crawl space repair services, and you will not be expected to pay until the job is done right.
Our technicians also operate at the highest levels of integrity and will never attempt to sell you something you do not need. If we do not think your crawl space needs repairs, we will tell you so. If we do think a repair is necessary, we will give you the information you need to understand why the solution is what the solution is.
Want to learn more about crawl space repair and what it can do for your home? Reach out by calling (615) 307-9510 or contacting us online.
“Robert Elam with USS is a wealth of knowledge and an incredible asset to all professionals that need this level of expertise in their corner.” Monte Mohr/Owner/Realty ONE Group Music City
“I have rarely dealt with any company that comes close to USS in the quality of work they do, and in the honesty, ethics, character, and integrity of their company, staff, and repairmen.” Sandra
“USS is my go-to vendor for everything related to foundation concerns and repairs!” M.E. Myhre - Compass Realty
“If you need foundation repairs this company definitely has your best interest at heart and are very straight forward and honest to deal with.” JV
“A fantastic result. When completed, this "crawl space" will become a 1500sf suite with 9'6" ceilings. Could not have done this without USS.” Rob B.
We're the right choice.
Lifetime GuaranteeAt no additional charge, we offer transferable lifetime warranties on our foundation repair and waterproofing services.
An Experienced Team
We’ve worked with over 25,000 customers in Tennessee and Kentucky. Many of our team members have been with us for 5, 10, 15 years or longer.
Hundreds of 5-Star ReviewsOur customer reviews speak for themselves. Click here to check them out.
call for a free consultation.
25+ Years and CountingWe’ve been serving residential and commercial customers since 1994.
Payment & Financing OptionsWe don’t ask for payment until the repairs are completed. We offer financing plans, accept major credit cards and personal checks.
We Won't Sell You An Unnecessary RepairIf your foundation doesn’t need a repair, we’ll let you know.