Nashville Concrete Leveling and Repair
Concrete Leveling and Repair Solutions in Nashville and Bowling Green
Got a tilting walkway? A sinking patio? A sagging driveway? Uneven sidewalks, pool decks, or any concrete surface can be inconvenient at best and a dangerous liability at worst. Concrete repair does not have to disrupt your life. In fact, concrete leveling is a convenient concrete repair alternative to the expensive and disruptive process of removing existing slabs and re-pouring new ones.
If you are currently dealing with sinking, settling, cracking, or otherwise damaged concrete, you have come to the right place. With over 25 years in the business, United Structural Systems has all of the tools, products, and methods needed to restore even the unsightliness concrete issues. Our foundation and concrete repair company offers Nashville concrete leveling and repair services to homes and businesses throughout the region. Our highly trained technicians guarantee our best, and you can trust us to get the job done right the first time.
Do not wait to address damaged concrete. Contact us online or call (615) 307-9510 to request a free estimate today.
Concrete is a popular and versatile construction medium, but it does tend to sink or crack over time. This is almost always due to the soil conditions underneath the slab. Things like improperly compacted soil, soil erosion, soil shrinkage or expansion (due to moisture changes), and overloading can result in sinking or tilting concrete. When soil shifts, it causes voids beneath your concrete slab. These voids often leave the soil unable to bear the weight of the slab, causing the concrete to sink and eventually crack.
Concrete Leveling and Repair Solutions to Avoid
When seeking Nashville concrete leveling or repair services, you will likely stumble upon a wide variety of repair solutions used by the contractors in our area. Unfortunately, many of these concrete repair methods only offer temporary relief. Because uneven concrete and sunken slabs are often caused by underlying soil issues, concrete repair techniques that only address cosmetic problems will not last long before the concrete sinks and cracks again.
Frequently used concrete leveling and repair solutions you should avoid include:
- Concrete replacement. Concrete replacement is probably the most disruptive and expensive way to address uneven concrete. It is not even a true “concrete repair” method, because rather than repairing the concrete, you are simply tearing it up and re-pouring it. This method should be reserved for concrete slabs that are beyond repair. If this method is used, you will also want to ensure that measures are taken to fix all underlying soil issues before re-pouring new concrete.
- Concrete resurfacing. Concrete resurfacing involves overlaying slabs with a new surface. This method of concrete repair is only suitable for repairing superficial cosmetic issues such as discoloration and minor chipping or spalling.
- Epoxy concrete repair. Epoxy injection is primarily a cosmetic concrete repair method, using epoxy to seal and reduce the appearance of cracks. Like concrete resurfacing, this should only be used for superficial concrete crack repair as it does not address the underlying causes of uneven concrete.
- Mudjacking. Also known as slabjacking, mudjacking is a concrete repair method that attempts to mend the root cause of uneven concrete. However, it is a fairly outdated technique. A concrete slurry is pumped beneath the slab to fill voids and raise the slab back to its original position, but the concrete slurry is heavy, often resulting in the same problem it is attempting to solve—shifting soils. The heavy concrete slurry often causes concrete to compress further. In just a few years, you will likely see cracks beginning to form again.
Our Dependable Approach to Concrete Leveling and Repair
Tearing out concrete and pouring a new slab is typically unnecessary and expensive. Thankfully, there is another reliable option for lifting your concrete without any demolition.
Our team at USS proudly uses polyurethane foam injection, the most effective concrete leveling method on the market. Specifically, our proprietary PolyLift technique delivers incredible results. This system injects foam at high pressure into holes less than an inch in diameter that we drill into the top of the concrete. Once the foam has been injected into the void caused by shifting soil or gravel, air bubbles in the polymer expand and lift the slab back into its proper place, making your driveway, sidewalk, and other concrete surfaces safer to drive and walk on.
After the small holes are patched, leveled concrete can be walked on immediately and driveways can be driven on after approximately 30 minutes. Concrete lifting with polyurethane is a fast, effective concrete repair method for sinking, uneven concrete slabs, sunken driveways, and sinking concrete sidewalks. Other repair methods will be costly, require extensive demolition, and fail over time. But not PolyLift!
Benefits of concrete leveling with PolyLift include:
- Minimal impact to the structural integrity of the slab
- Installation is completed in minutes
- Provides an accurate lift
- Concrete slabs are ready to use in 30 minutes or less
- Clean and nondisruptive concrete repair method
- Small injection holes can be patched
- No excavation
- 39-49% renewable and recycled materials
- Longer-lasting and more cost-effective than alternative methods
- Lightweight to prevent future sinking
Our Nashville concrete leveling and repair experts can leverage PolyLift to restore many types of surfaces, including:
How Much Does Concrete Leveling Cost?
When assessing the costs associated with concrete leveling, it is important to understand that repairing your concrete will almost always cost less than replacing it. The longer you leave concrete damage unaddressed, the worse it is likely to get, potentially making a costly replacement the only option. Concrete leveling tends to cost half as much as an outright replacement and avoids supplementary costs like new landscaping.
Our estimates for concrete leveling and repair are on a cost-per-square-foot basis, so the total cost for your repair will be largely dependent upon the size of the area and slab in question. The costs can also vary slightly based on the amount of foam needed and the length of the job. The good news is that these factors rarely have a significant effect on the price, and one of our technicians is happy to give you a free estimate.
Concrete leveling can improve both the safety and aesthetic value of your home. However, we understand that taking immediate action to prevent further damage is not economically achievable for some. We want you to be proactive in making home repairs, including concrete leveling, so that you can avoid higher expenses down the road. That is why we provide concrete repair financing and flexible payment options to our clients.
If you are searching for trusted concrete lifting services, you have come to the right place. Give us a call at (615) 307-9510 or contact us online to schedule your free estimate today!
“Robert Elam with USS is a wealth of knowledge and an incredible asset to all professionals that need this level of expertise in their corner.” Monte Mohr/Owner/Realty ONE Group Music City
“I have rarely dealt with any company that comes close to USS in the quality of work they do, and in the honesty, ethics, character, and integrity of their company, staff, and repairmen.” Sandra
“USS is my go-to vendor for everything related to foundation concerns and repairs!” M.E. Myhre - Compass Realty
“If you need foundation repairs this company definitely has your best interest at heart and are very straight forward and honest to deal with.” JV
“A fantastic result. When completed, this "crawl space" will become a 1500sf suite with 9'6" ceilings. Could not have done this without USS.” Rob B.
We're the right choice.
Lifetime GuaranteeAt no additional charge, we offer transferable lifetime warranties on our foundation repair and waterproofing services.
An Experienced Team
We’ve worked with over 25,000 customers in Tennessee and Kentucky. Many of our team members have been with us for 5, 10, 15 years or longer.
Hundreds of 5-Star ReviewsOur customer reviews speak for themselves. Click here to check them out.
call for a free consultation.
25+ Years and CountingWe’ve been serving residential and commercial customers since 1994.
Payment & Financing OptionsWe don’t ask for payment until the repairs are completed. We offer financing plans, accept major credit cards and personal checks.
We Won't Sell You An Unnecessary RepairIf your foundation doesn’t need a repair, we’ll let you know.