Crawl Space Encapsulation in Nashville
Encapsulating Crawl Spaces in Bowling Green
When neglected, crawl spaces can become humid places where mold grows, wood rots, and bad air accumulates. Unfortunately, what’s out of sight won’t be able to stay out of mind forever. The smells and humidity from a neglected crawl space will eventually make it into your house above. Not to mention, a wet crawl space can lead to unnecessary home repairs and even health problems.
Fortunately, our Nashville crawl space encapsulation services are a cost-effective process that locks out unwanted moisture and saves your crawl space from complications. The experienced team at United Structural Systems offers crawl space encapsulation services for houses all throughout Middle Tennessee, Southern and Western Kentucky. Whether you’re wanting to install an encapsulation system as a preventative measure or you’ve already seen signs of damage from moisture problems, you can count on us to get the job done right the first time! We’ll send a professional to your property in no time to provide a free crawl space estimate.
Schedule your service online or by calling us directly at (615) 307-9510 today.
Crawl space encapsulation is one of the most effective ways of preventing damages caused by indoor moisture. The process involves using a thick plastic crawl space vapor barrier to completely cover the interior of your crawl space. This barrier will be laid out over the floors and walls of your crawl space. Once the area has been sealed, a dehumidifier is typically installed in the encapsulated crawl space to further prevent excess moisture.
What are the Benefits of Crawl Space Encapsulation?
Too much moisture in your crawl space can lead to a variety of problems, including poor indoor air quality in your main living area, more expensive energy bills due to high humidity, increased risk of mold, and structural damage, to name a few.
A complete Nashville crawl space encapsulation system can help prevent these damages, as well as offer the following benefits:
- Better air quality.
- Moisture control.
- Efficient energy use.
- Increased lifespan of HVAC system.
- Seal vents and doors to keep the area clean and dry.
- Protect wooden structures from rot and damage.
How to Know if You Need Crawl Space Encapsulation
Some of the most common problems that signal crawl space moisture issues are mold and mildew.
However, you might not consider that the following are signs that it’s time to think about crawl space encapsulation:
- Condensation on insulation or ductwork: Your home shouldn’t be so humid that you see condensation on your floor insulation or your AC ductwork. This is a definite sign your crawl space needs attention.
- High moisture content: High moisture content in your wood framing can lead to mold and wood rot. Crawl space encapsulation can help control the humidity in your crawl space.
- Cracks in your foundation walls: Cracks in your foundation provide opportunities for moisture and humidity to invade your crawl space leaving it susceptible to moisture damage.
- Bad odors around your home: You’ve cleaned every inch of your home and a stink still lingers, it’s likely your neglected crawl space is full of bad, stale air seeping into the rest of your home. By encapsulating your crawl space, you don’t just fix the symptoms, like smells and rotten floor joists, you also solve the problem at its cause.
Crawl Space Insulation and Encapsulation
If you’re considering crawl space insulation, the best time to do so is during the encapsulation process. Using the correct kind of insulation material will go one step further to ensure your crawl space doesn’t accumulate excess moisture and permit mold growth.
Four Steps to Control Humidity
There are four steps to controlling the humidity that builds up in crawl spaces:
- First, drain any groundwater by installing a proper interior drainage system, if needed.
- Second, encapsulate the crawl space to isolate it from the soil underneath.
- Third, block moist air from getting into the crawl space by closing vents, joints, and gaps.
- Lastly, install a dehumidifier.
Book Your Crawl Space Encapsulation with United Structural Systems
Many companies offer crawl space encapsulation but don’t do it to our standard. When we encapsulate a crawl space, we use 12-millimeter-thick plastic and seal any cracks, seams, and vents with spray foam and caulk to lock out all moisture from the surrounding atmosphere and soil.
Learn more about how we do crawl space encapsulation better than others by contacting us today.
“Robert Elam with USS is a wealth of knowledge and an incredible asset to all professionals that need this level of expertise in their corner.” Monte Mohr/Owner/Realty ONE Group Music City
“I have rarely dealt with any company that comes close to USS in the quality of work they do, and in the honesty, ethics, character, and integrity of their company, staff, and repairmen.” Sandra
“USS is my go-to vendor for everything related to foundation concerns and repairs!” M.E. Myhre - Compass Realty
“If you need foundation repairs this company definitely has your best interest at heart and are very straight forward and honest to deal with.” JV
“A fantastic result. When completed, this "crawl space" will become a 1500sf suite with 9'6" ceilings. Could not have done this without USS.” Rob B.
We're the right choice.
Lifetime GuaranteeAt no additional charge, we offer transferable lifetime warranties on our foundation repair and waterproofing services.
An Experienced Team
We’ve worked with over 25,000 customers in Tennessee and Kentucky. Many of our team members have been with us for 5, 10, 15 years or longer.
Hundreds of 5-Star ReviewsOur customer reviews speak for themselves. Click here to check them out.
call for a free consultation.
25+ Years and CountingWe’ve been serving residential and commercial customers since 1994.
Payment & Financing OptionsWe don’t ask for payment until the repairs are completed. We offer financing plans, accept major credit cards and personal checks.
We Won't Sell You An Unnecessary RepairIf your foundation doesn’t need a repair, we’ll let you know.