Mt. Juliet Sump Pump Installation & Repair
Trusted, Reliable, and Comprehensive Sump Pump Services
Are you tired of dealing with water damage in your home due to flooding and moisture issues? Sump pumps are a vital component in helping prevent the devastating effects of water damage. These pumps serve as a reliable solution for protecting the structural integrity of your property and comfort of your living space.
If your foundation suffers from water intrusion and water leaks, United Structural Systems can handle your sump pump installation. We also offer top-notch warranties and sump pump repair services for our installed pumps to keep your home dry and stable.
Without professional assistance, the installation and repair of these crucial devices can be challenging and time-consuming. Our team at United Structural Systems is equipped with the knowledge and experience necessary to handle all aspects of sump pump services, providing you with peace of mind knowing your home is protected against water damage. So if you're looking for a trustworthy and reliable service provider, look no further than United Structural Systems.
Call (615) 307-9510 or complete our online contact form to request an estimate or service today.
A sump pump works by collecting excess water that may accumulate due to rainfall, groundwater seepage, or a high water table. This water is then discharged safely away from your home's foundation. An efficiently functioning sump pump is key to keeping the basement dry, thus reducing the risk of mold, mildew, and structural damage that can arise from prolonged exposure to water.
There are two main categories of sump pumps: submersible and pedestal. USS utilizes submersible sump pumps which are installed below the water level in a sump pit (located in your basement, crawl space, or cellar) and designed to operate while submerged in water. On the contrary, pedestal sump pumps have their motor situated above the water level.
Why You Might Need a Sump Pump Installed
To avoid water damage and drainage issues, you should consider installing a sump pump if your home has a basement, is at the bottom of a hill, has a history of flooding issues, or is in an area with heavy rainfall or snow. It is even more important to install a sump pump if you store valuables in your property’s basement.
There are several other reasons you might consider installing a sump pump, including:
- Prevent pooling water. A sump pump can help prevent water from accumulating in the basement by automatically draining excess water due to heavy rainfall, melting snow, or broken pipes.
- Property protection. Installing a sump pump can help protect your home structure from water damage, saving you the cost of expensive repairs or replacements.
- Mold and mildew prevention. By removing excess moisture, a sump pump helps prevent the growth of mold and mildew, which can cause health issues and damage to your home.
- Improvements in indoor air quality. A dry basement contributes to better indoor air quality by reducing humidity levels, preventing mold spores, and eliminating musty odors.
- Increased home value/equity. Homes with a properly functioning sump pump are more attractive to potential buyers, as they demonstrate a proactive approach to protecting the property from water damage.
- Lower insurance costs. Some insurance companies offer reduced premiums for homeowners who have installed a sump pump, recognizing the decreased risk of water damage claims.
- Pest infestation prevention. A dry basement is less likely to attract pests such as rodents and insects, which are drawn to damp environments.
- Easier basement maintenance. A sump pump makes it easier to maintain a clean and dry basement, simplifying tasks like cleaning, painting, or finishing the space.
- Peace of mind. Knowing that your home is protected from potential water damage can provide peace of mind, especially during heavy rainstorms or periods of rapid snowmelt.
Ignoring the importance of a sump pump can have disastrous consequences. Inadequate water management in your basement can lead to water damage, resulting in costly repairs and a negative impact on the structural integrity of your home.
Additionally, dampness promotes the growth of mold and mildew, posing health risks to your family. Hiring professionals for repair work and regular inspections is a wise investment, as they are skilled in diagnosing and addressing potential problems before they escalate into major issues.
Warning Signs Your Sump Pump Needs Repairs
If you notice your sump pump is not operating at its maximum efficiency, you should reach out to a professional repair service as soon as possible. Signs your sump pump has an issue include:
- Strange noises. Although sump pumps do make some noise during operation, you should pay attention to any unusual or loud sounds coming from your unit. Grinding or gurgling noises may indicate that there is a problem with the motor, impeller, or other internal components that require repair or replacement.
- Frequent cycling on and off. This could indicate a problem with the float switch, which manages the water level in the sump pit. A malfunctioning switch may cause the pump to run continuously or not run at all, leading to potential flooding.
- Irregular water levels. If you notice that the water level in the sump pit is consistently too low or too high, this could signal a problem with your pump. A low water level may indicate that your pump is not performing efficiently, while a high water level may mean that the pump cannot handle the incoming water flow.
- Rust or corrosion. As sump pumps are submerged in water, rust and corrosion are a possible issue. If you notice that your pump has visible signs of rust or corroded parts, it's important to have it inspected by a professional to prevent further damage.
- Old age or visible wear and tear. Like any other home appliance, a sump pump's lifespan may be limited. If your pump is more than 10 years old or shows visible signs of wear and tear, it may need an upgrade.
Tips for Sump Pump Maintenance
To increase the lifespan of your sump pump, you should regularly inspect your sump pump. Make it a habit to check your sump pump system once every few months. This includes visually inspecting the unit, checking for any unusual noises or odors, and testing it by pouring water into the sump pit to raise the float switch.
To maintain your sump pump you should also:
- Clean the sump pit. Remove any debris and sediment buildup in the pit that might clog the pump or interfere with its operation.
- Test the float switch. Regularly test the float switch to ensure it is working correctly, as it is responsible for activating the pump when water levels rise.
- Replace worn-out components. Check for worn or damaged motor components, such as the impeller or motor brushes, and replace them as needed to maintain optimal performance.
- Schedule professional inspections. At least once a year, have a professional inspect your sump pump system to identify any potential issues and perform necessary maintenance. See our Warranty page for more information on our Customer Protection Plan.
Request a Free Estimate from Our Mt. Juliet Professionals Today
United Structural Systems has been providing sump pump installation and repair services to the residents of Mt. Juliet since 1994. Our strong track record of customer satisfaction speaks volumes about our commitment to excellence. We pride ourselves on our integrity, high-quality craftsmanship, and commitment to our local communities.
We have established ourselves as a reliable service provider, and we take great satisfaction in delivering the highest level of care to each and every one of our clients. With experienced professionals who are dedicated to restoring the wellbeing of your home, United Structural Systems is your go-to choice for all your sump pump needs.
To schedule a service, contact our Mt. Juliet professionals online or via phone at (615) 307-9510.
“I have rarely dealt with any company that comes close to USS in the quality of work they do, and in the honesty, ethics, character, and integrity of their company, staff, and repairmen.” Sandra
“USS is my go-to vendor for everything related to foundation concerns and repairs!” M.E. Myhre - Compass Realty
“If you need foundation repairs this company definitely has your best interest at heart and are very straight forward and honest to deal with.” JV
“A fantastic result. When completed, this "crawl space" will become a 1500sf suite with 9'6" ceilings. Could not have done this without USS.” Rob B.
“Very satisfied customer and I’m able to sleep better during heavy rain not worrying about my crawl space anymore!” Steven F.
We're the right choice.
Lifetime GuaranteeAt no additional charge, we offer transferable lifetime warranties on our foundation repair and waterproofing services.
An Experienced TeamWe’ve worked with over 25,000 customers in Tennessee, Kentucky, and Alabama. Many of our team members have been with us for 5, 10, 15 years or longer.
Hundreds of 5-Star ReviewsOur customer reviews speak for themselves. Click here to check them out.
call for a free consultation.
25+ Years and CountingWe’ve been serving residential and commercial customers since 1994.
Payment & Financing OptionsWe don’t ask for payment until the repairs are completed. We offer financing plans, accept major credit cards and personal checks.
We Won't Sell You An Unnecessary RepairIf your foundation doesn’t need a repair, we’ll let you know.