Got summer plans? Maybe your house, or perhaps your swimming pool, is the go-to for the neighborhood party. As a host, you likely want things to look nice and to stay safe for your guests. Before opening the pool this year, look closely at your concrete sidewalks and your concrete pool deck. Sinking concrete can drown your summer plans by creating unsightly spaces for entertaining outdoors and causing trip hazards for those hoping to enjoy them. But there is an easy way to repair pool deck tripping hazards at your Nashville home! Your concrete sidewalks and concrete pool decks can be lifted, without the cost of full concrete replacement. This article will point out the repairable conditions and spaces you may want to check before having guests over this summer and how simple it is to improve the concrete cracks, sinking concrete, or leaning concrete steps—anything less than perfect—that you may find around your home.
Trip hazards are the worst, especially if they are on your property and you plan to invite guests over. Don’t ignore unlevel concrete, especially near a swimming pool. The dangers of tripping near water are much more serious than other uneven concrete places you may have around your home. Below are some of the common areas you should check for unlevel concrete or cracked concrete outside the home:
- Concrete sidewalks. The easiest problems to spot are cracks in concrete sidewalks, driveways, patios, and concrete slabs. Not-so-obvious hairline cracks and sinking concrete may eventually become large concrete cracks.
- Concrete pool surround. Check the outer edge of the swimming pool surround. Do you see a difference in height between the pool surround and the aggregate or concrete slab as you move in one direction, left or right? If the distance between the concrete and the top of the pool surround increases as you move in one direction, this may be a sign of sinking concrete.
- Pool deck concrete. Does the concrete pool deck have cracks in it or have the concrete edges separated from the pool edge? This may also be a sign that the concrete around the pool is settling.
- Contraction or control joints. Check the lines, or control joints, in your concrete where the sections meet. If one side is lower than the other, you have uneven concrete. Any difference in height between the contraction joints denotes sinking concrete.
- Concrete steps. If your concrete steps have separated from the porch, or if you notice leaning concrete steps, your concrete needs the attention of a concrete leveling company to develop a repair plan to help prevent falls.
- Concrete driveways. An uneven concrete driveway with cracks or unlevel concrete joints is the first thing guests see and step on when arriving.
- Concrete slabs near trees. As trees grow, so do their roots. Tree roots can disrupt and cause cracks in the concrete itself as well as disturb the soil beneath a concrete slab, causing concrete to settle.
- Voids beneath concrete. This void is an empty space beneath concrete sidewalks and driveways that allows water to flow, erosion to increase, and concrete to settle, crack, and become uneven concrete.
Once you have completed a thorough concrete inspection of your property and the exterior concrete spaces where you plan to entertain guests in the coming weeks, let’s say you’ve found a problem area that needs concrete repair. Now what? It’s simple. Concrete lifting, also known as concrete leveling, with polyurethane foam injection. It’s a quick solution that is as noninvasive as it gets. Once you complete the concrete repair appointment, agree to the repair plan, and schedule the poly repair, you can experience the result of even concrete the same day. You can even walk on the lifted concrete within 30 minutes of when a concrete lifting company like USS in Nashville completes the repair of your pool deck and concrete tripping hazards.
Polyurethane foam injection, or polylift, is a much better solution than replacing an entire area of concrete when you have cracks in concrete or a section of uneven concrete. Why?
- Lower Cost. Concrete lifting costs less than full concrete replacement.
- Durability. Polylift is a proven, durable solution made to last.
- Transferable Warranty. Most USS poly repairs come with a five-year warranty against future settlement which transfer to future homeowners at no cost.
- Noninvasive. No excavation is needed for polylift concrete repairs. Unlike full concrete replacement, it is rare that the process damages landscaping.
- Fast. Homeowners may walk on repaired concrete within 30 minutes.
- Environmentally friendly. Poly foam is made with recycled materials.
Expect the best when scheduling a concrete leveling repair appointment with USS. When working with us you can expect to:
- Schedule an appointment by calling our Customer Care Center or submitting a web form through our website.
- Receive a free consultation in person with one of our project managers who will review your concerns, your repair expectations, and the area of repair.
- Receive a free written estimate by email within 24 hours of the onsite visit.
- Schedule your repairs with our Scheduling Dept once you agree to the quote.
- Meet your poly project foreman the day of the repairs.
- Pay upon completion of repairs.
- Receive your warranty certificate within one week of payment.
- Have the opportunity to provide valued feedback to USS as well as a review.
We stand by our work, our workmanship, and our warranties, and value you as a customer, which is why appointments during our busy season may have a wait. But believe us when we say, we have no doubt that USS is worth the wait for your concrete repair!
With a process that is warranted, and several benefits listed, what are you waiting for? Keep your summer guests from tripping over uneven concrete and your summer plans from drowning because of unsightly concrete cracks by repairing pool deck and concrete tripping hazards around your Nashville area home. Call the concrete repair experts at USS to schedule your poly repair today!