Mt. Juliet Crawl Space Waterproofing
Comprehensive Crawl Space Waterproofing Solutions in Mt. Juliet, TN
Crawl space waterproofing is an essential component of maintaining the structural integrity and overall health of your home or commercial building. Crawl spaces are often overlooked areas that can be prone to moisture buildup, which can lead to a range of issues including mold growth, wood rot, and even foundation damage. These problems not only compromise the safety and comfort of occupants but can also result in costly repairs down the line. Waterproofing a crawl space often involves sealing any cracks or gaps that allow water to seep in and installing a drainage system to prevent water buildup. By addressing these issues early on, you can protect your investment in your property and ensure the longevity of your building’s structure.
At United Structural Systems, we have been proud to help homeowners and business owners waterproof their crawl spaces for over 25 years. We guarantee our best and get the job done right the first time. To that end, our Mt. Juliet crawl space waterproofing services come with a transferable, no-hassle guarantee, giving you added peace of mind. After inspecting your home, one of our knowledgeable technicians will walk you through what the waterproofing process will entail and why the solutions we are proposing are what they are. Protecting your property and ensuring your satisfaction are our top priorities.
Choose a trusted foundation repair company that always puts the customer first. Contact us online or call (615) 307-9510 to request a free estimate today!
It is practically always in your best interest to proactively waterproof your crawl space even if you do not notice any pressing moisture issues. Getting ahead of a water seepage problem can help avoid the need for costly repairs. There are also warning signs that you should look out for that indicate the need for prompt crawl space waterproofing.
Get in touch with our Mt. Juliet crawl space waterproofing experts if you spot any of the following red flags:
- Standing water or moisture buildup in your crawl space
- Presence of mold or mildew in the crawl space
- Sagging floors or uneven surfaces
- Cracks in walls or ceilings
- Musty odors originating in the crawl space
- Insect infestations, such as termites or carpenter ants, in the crawl space
- High humidity levels inside the home
- Increased energy bills due to inefficient heating and cooling caused by air leaks from the crawl space
What Does Crawl Space Waterproofing Entail?
The exact features of a crawl space waterproofing solution will depend on several factors, including the size of the crawl space, the features of the building, and the extent of any existing moisture damage. Crawl space waterproofing typically involves a combination of measures designed to prevent water damage in the crawl space as well as remove existing moisture. One of our professionals will conduct a thorough inspection of your crawl space before developing a tailored plan specific to your building’s unique needs.
Features of a crawl space waterproofing system may include:
- Sump pumps. Sump pumps, a key component of any crawl space waterproofing system, are generally installed in a designated sump pit within the crawl space, where they can collect water that has entered through foundation cracks or other sources. When the water level in the pit reaches a certain height, the pump is activated and begins pumping water out of the crawl space and away from the home. Some sump pumps may also be equipped with battery backups or alarms to ensure that they continue working even during power outages or other emergencies.
- Perimeter drains. Perimeter drains help to channel water away from your building’s foundation and prevent it from seeping into the crawl space. These drains are typically installed around the interior perimeter of the crawl space foundation walls. They may be constructed using a variety of materials, including PVC piping, gravel or crushed stone, and filter fabric. Some perimeter drains are designed to collect water and direct it to a sump pump, which then pumps it out and away from the home. Others may simply allow water to flow away from the foundation and into a designated drainage area. Our technicians can recommend the best type of perimeter drain for your situation.
- Dehumidifiers. Dehumidifiers remove excess moisture from the air and prevent it from condensing on surfaces in the crawl space. This can be particularly important in humid climates or in homes where there is a lot of moisture present. By reducing the amount of humidity in the air, dehumidifiers can help reduce mold and mildew growth, wood rot, insect infestations, and other problems associated with excess moisture. We can advise you on whether a dehumidifier is necessary and recommend a model that will adequately service your crawl space.
- Vapor barriers. Vapor barriers are typically made from a thick plastic material that is installed over the ground surface of the crawl space, as a complement to an interior drain system. This barrier acts as added protection against moisture from the damp earth below. Our Mt. Juliet crawl space waterproofing experts can advise you on whether a vapor barrier is necessary, and, if so, recommend the best type of material.
How Much Does Crawl Space Waterproofing Cost?
A crawl space waterproofing system is an important investment that will work to protect your home or commercial building from the consequences of moisture penetration. The cost of repairs and system implementation will vary, but our hardworking technicians at USS operate at the highest levels of integrity and will never attempt to sell you unnecessary fixes or features. We also offer financing plans that can make the expense of these essential solutions easier to manage. Again, our waterproofing services also come with a transferable guarantee, so taking the step to protect your crawl space can also enhance your property value in addition to providing peace of mind.
We accept all major credit cards as well as personal checks, and you will never be asked to pay until the work is completed. To learn more about our financing arrangements, call (615) 307-9510 or contact us online today.
“I have rarely dealt with any company that comes close to USS in the quality of work they do, and in the honesty, ethics, character, and integrity of their company, staff, and repairmen.” Sandra
“USS is my go-to vendor for everything related to foundation concerns and repairs!” M.E. Myhre - Compass Realty
“If you need foundation repairs this company definitely has your best interest at heart and are very straight forward and honest to deal with.” JV
“A fantastic result. When completed, this "crawl space" will become a 1500sf suite with 9'6" ceilings. Could not have done this without USS.” Rob B.
“Very satisfied customer and I’m able to sleep better during heavy rain not worrying about my crawl space anymore!” Steven F.
We're the right choice.
Lifetime GuaranteeAt no additional charge, we offer transferable lifetime warranties on our foundation repair and waterproofing services.
An Experienced TeamWe’ve worked with over 25,000 customers in Tennessee, Kentucky, and Alabama. Many of our team members have been with us for 5, 10, 15 years or longer.
Hundreds of 5-Star ReviewsOur customer reviews speak for themselves. Click here to check them out.
call for a free consultation.
25+ Years and CountingWe’ve been serving residential and commercial customers since 1994.
Payment & Financing OptionsWe don’t ask for payment until the repairs are completed. We offer financing plans, accept major credit cards and personal checks.
We Won't Sell You An Unnecessary RepairIf your foundation doesn’t need a repair, we’ll let you know.