Mt. Juliet Crawl Space Encapsulation
Comprehensive Crawl Space Encapsulation Services in Mt. Juliet, TN
When unwanted moisture is allowed to invade a crawl space, it can become an unpleasant source of mold, wood rot, and unhealthy air. These issues can only be ignored for so long: Sooner or later, the consequences of a neglected crawl space will begin to affect your living spaces, resulting in foul smells and even safety hazards. Plus, the longer these problems go unaddressed, the more expensive the repairs will likely be. Seeking professional assistance as soon as you begin to notice moisture issues can thus save you money and stress in addition to protecting your home’s occupants.
If you are concerned about how moisture in your crawl space is affecting your home, look no further than United Structural Systems. Our Mt. Juliet crawl space encapsulation solutions are cost-effective and tailored to suit your building’s needs. Whether you are already dealing with moisture problems or are looking to get ahead of future issues, you can trust our experts to get the job done right the first time. We guarantee our best and will provide the high-quality services needed to earn your satisfaction.
Request a free estimate today by calling (615) 307-9510 or contacting us online. Financing plans are available, and we do not ask for payment until the work has been completed.
Crawl Space Encapsulation, Explained
Crawl space encapsulation is the process of completely sealing off the crawl space beneath a home to prevent moisture, pests, and other unwanted elements from entering. This usually involves installing a heavy-duty vapor barrier over the ground surface and up the walls of the crawl space, as well as sealing all vents and openings to create an airtight seal. Once the crawl space has been encapsulated, it can be further insulated with foam board or spray foam insulation to help regulate temperature and improve energy efficiency. This process can also include dehumidifiers or other ventilation systems to control humidity levels and reduce the risk of mold growth.
What Are the Benefits of Crawl Space Encapsulation?
Excessive moisture in your crawl space can trigger many types of problems that tend to worsen if the underlying cause is left unaddressed. Investing in a crawl space encapsulation system will resolve these issues and facilitate a wide range of improvements. Put simply, crawl space encapsulation makes your home a safer and healthier place to be.
Some of the benefits of crawl space encapsulation include:
- Improved indoor air quality by reducing mold, mildew, and allergens
- Reduced energy costs by improving insulation and reducing drafts
- Protection against moisture damage to the home's foundation and structural components
- Increased comfort in the living spaces above the crawl space
- Prevention of pests such as rodents and insects from entering the crawl space
- Long-term cost savings by preventing costly repairs due to moisture damage or pest infestations
- Increased resale value of the home due to a well-maintained crawl space
If you have questions about whether your home or commercial building’s crawl space needs to be encapsulated, do not hesitate to reach out to USS. Our Mt. Juliet crawl space encapsulation experts are happy to answer your questions and address any concerns. We also never try to sell you unnecessary repairs, so if we do not think your crawl space requires encapsulation, we will tell you so.
Does My Home Need Crawl Space Encapsulation?
The presence of mold and mildew are clear, indisputable indicators your crawl space needs professional attention. However, there are also other, less obvious symptoms that can suggest the need for crawl space encapsulation.
Consider reaching out to USS about crawl space encapsulation if you notice any of the following warning signs:
- Condensation on insulation or ductwork. When warm, humid air enters a cool crawl space, it can condense on surfaces such as insulation or ductwork. This excess moisture can lead to mold growth, wood rot, and other damage over time.
- High moisture content. The term “high moisture content” refers to the amount of water vapor present in the air or materials in a particular environment. In a home, high moisture content in your crawl space’s wood framing can be caused by poor ventilation and excessively high humidity levels. High moisture content can worsen indoor air quality and trigger wood rot and mold.
- Cracks in foundation walls. Cracks in foundation walls may indicate that the soil around your home is expanding and contracting, causing concerning pressure on the foundation walls. This can lead to structural damage and water intrusion in your crawl space or basement. Addressing foundation problems before damage is allowed to develop can help avoid the need for expensive repairs down the line.
- Unpleasant odors. Foul smells permeating the living spaces of your home can be a sign of underlying issues in your crawl space. These odors are often the result of undiscovered mold and mildew buildups, which will also adversely affect air quality.
Our Approach to Crawl Space Encapsulation
Many businesses offer crawl space encapsulation services, but no one offers the high standards we do. At USS, our Mt. Juliet crawl space encapsulation experts can develop a system customized to suit your building’s unique specifications and needs. We use 12-millimeter-thick plastics and take the time to carefully seal all vents, seams, and cracks with spray foam and caulk.
In our comprehensive approach to protecting crawl spaces, our technicians follow four key steps to controlling humidity:
- Installing an interior drainage system that drains groundwater out of your crawl space
- Encapsulating the crawl space to isolate it from adjacent soil
- Closing all gaps, vents, and openings to prevent moist air from entering the crawl space
- Installing a dehumidifier to control humidity levels
To learn more about what crawl space encapsulation can do for your home, call (615) 307-9510 or contact us online.
Hear from happy customers
“USS is my go-to vendor for everything related to foundation concerns and repairs!” M.E. Myhre - Compass Realty
“If you need foundation repairs this company definitely has your best interest at heart and are very straight forward and honest to deal with.” JV
“A fantastic result. When completed, this "crawl space" will become a 1500sf suite with 9'6" ceilings. Could not have done this without USS.” Rob B.
“Very satisfied customer and I’m able to sleep better during heavy rain not worrying about my crawl space anymore!” Steven F.
“They communicated, showed up when they said they would, performed quality work, cleaned up after each day, and followed up with me at the end of each day to see if I had any questions.” Sam S.
We're the right choice.
Lifetime GuaranteeAt no additional charge, we offer transferable lifetime warranties on our foundation repair and waterproofing services.
An Experienced TeamWe’ve worked with over 25,000 customers in Tennessee, Kentucky, and Alabama. Many of our team members have been with us for 5, 10, 15 years or longer.
Hundreds of 5-Star ReviewsOur customer reviews speak for themselves. Click here to check them out.
call for a free consultation.
25+ Years and CountingWe’ve been serving residential and commercial customers since 1994.
Payment & Financing OptionsWe don’t ask for payment until the repairs are completed. We offer financing plans, accept major credit cards and personal checks.
We Won't Sell You An Unnecessary RepairIf your foundation doesn’t need a repair, we’ll let you know.