Smyrna Floor Support Services
Serving Residential & Commercial Customers
Owning a residential or commercial property is a significant investment, but it's not without its challenges. One of the most common issues that property owners grapple with is problems related to their floor support structure.
When it comes to maintaining the integrity of your home, proper floor support plays a crucial role. Your floors ensure Strong, reliable floor supports enhance the stability of your structure, helping prevent issues like sagging floors, cracks in walls, and doors that won't shut properly.
Unlevel flooring, compromised floor joists, and uneven subfloor issues not only affect the aesthetics of your home, but also its safety and structural integrity. That's where we come in.
At United Structural Systems, we understand these challenges and provide top-notch floor support services and crawl space repair, designed to address the unique needs of each homeowner. Our comprehensive floor support solutions are tailored to tackle these issues head-on, restoring the balance and stability of your home.
United Structural Systems is more than just a service provider. We're your partners in helping your home stand strong and stable for years to come. Trust us to provide you with floor support solutions that cater to your specific needs, while delivering unmatched value for your investment.
Here are some of the common floor support problems that can arise:
- Rotting wood. One of the most common floor structure problems homeowners face is rotting wood. This issue often arises due to prolonged exposure to moisture, which leads to the decay of wooden floor components. Signs of rotting wood include discoloration, a musty odor, or even the wood becoming soft and crumbly. If left untreated, rotting wood can lead to structural instability and potential collapse of the affected area. To address this issue, homeowners can opt to replace the affected wood or install additional support. You should consult with an experienced foundation and home repair professional to determine the best option.
- Warping. Another common problem is warping, which occurs when the wood bends or twists out of shape due to changes in temperature and humidity. Visible deformities in the floor, such as bulging or cupping, are telltale signs of warping. Addressing warping involves either replacing the warped boards or sanding them down and resetting them, but even more importantly, implementing a solution to attack the root cause of the problem, which could be high humidity in the crawl space.
- Uneven flooring. Uneven floors are typically caused by the settling or shifting soil beneath the home and/or compromised floor supports or floor joists. Signs of uneven floors include visible slopes in the floor, difficulty opening or closing doors, or cracks in the walls. One remedy for fixing uneven floors may involve installing adjustable steel support posts which can be adjusted over time as soil beneath the home continues to settle.
- Floor or ceiling cracks. These cracks can occur due to a variety of reasons, such as natural aging, poor construction, water damage, or even shifts in the earth's foundation. They might start small and unnoticeable but, if left untreated, can grow and lead to significant problems. To tackle this issue, you will first have to identify causation with the help of a foundation repair expert or general contractor.
- Squeaking floors. Squeaking floors are a common floor support issue, often indicating loose or damaged subflooring. They can be caused by various factors such as aging, loose nails, or improper installation, but also by humidity changes in the home that cause the wood to expand or contract. Exploring crawl space repair options such as encapsulation and dehumidifier installation is a great place to start when fixing squeaky floors.
Call (615) 307-9510 to Request a Free Estimate
Choosing United Structural Systems means opting for a service provider committed to quality, reliability, and customer satisfaction. Unlike other service providers, our approach is not one-size-fits-all. We believe each property is unique and deserves a customized solution. Our team conducts thorough basement and crawl space inspections to identify the root cause of your floor support problems and designs personalized solutions to address them effectively.
With over 25 years of experience in helping property owners fix their uneven floors, you can trust our team to handle your floor support project.
Contact our team today to learn more about our financing options and services.
“I have rarely dealt with any company that comes close to USS in the quality of work they do, and in the honesty, ethics, character, and integrity of their company, staff, and repairmen.” Sandra
“USS is my go-to vendor for everything related to foundation concerns and repairs!” M.E. Myhre - Compass Realty
“If you need foundation repairs this company definitely has your best interest at heart and are very straight forward and honest to deal with.” JV
“A fantastic result. When completed, this "crawl space" will become a 1500sf suite with 9'6" ceilings. Could not have done this without USS.” Rob B.
“Very satisfied customer and I’m able to sleep better during heavy rain not worrying about my crawl space anymore!” Steven F.
We're the right choice.
Lifetime GuaranteeAt no additional charge, we offer transferable lifetime warranties on our foundation repair and waterproofing services.
An Experienced TeamWe’ve worked with over 25,000 customers in Tennessee, Kentucky, and Alabama. Many of our team members have been with us for 5, 10, 15 years or longer.
Hundreds of 5-Star ReviewsOur customer reviews speak for themselves. Click here to check them out.
call for a free consultation.
25+ Years and CountingWe’ve been serving residential and commercial customers since 1994.
Payment & Financing OptionsWe don’t ask for payment until the repairs are completed. We offer financing plans, accept major credit cards and personal checks.
We Won't Sell You An Unnecessary RepairIf your foundation doesn’t need a repair, we’ll let you know.