Smyrna Foundation Repair
Helping Homeowners and Commercial Property Owners Solve Their Foundation Issues Since 1994
Over time, foundations naturally experience movement. However, issues can arise when certain sections of your foundation shift, either due to sinking or lateral movement, while others remain stable. This phenomenon, referred to as "differential settlement," often leads to foundation cracks and other problems that necessitate professional foundation repair. Understanding and addressing this common occurrence is a crucial part of keeping your home or commercial property’s foundation structurally secure.
United Structural Systems (USS) should be your go-to for all your foundation repair and waterproofing needs. With over 25 years of experience serving residential and commercial customers in Smyrna, our experts are well-equipped to handle a wide range of issues. When you turn to us, we'll thoroughly inspect your foundation and provide you with a detailed explanation of the problem, its root cause, and the appropriate solution.
As a homeowner, it's crucial to stay on the lookout for signs that your foundation is in need of repairs. Paying attention to commonly observed symptoms can provide valuable insights and help you determine if your foundation needs professional attention. By addressing these issues proactively, you can help prevent further damage to your home's foundation.
Common signs that your home’s foundation needs repairs:
- Cracks in your home’s interior or exterior walls. Foundation settling or shifting can have a significant impact on your home's structure. One common sign of foundation damage is the presence of stairstep cracks in the interior or exterior walls. These cracks can serve as a clear indicator that your home's foundation may be compromised.
- Bumps, bulges, and cracks in painted interior walls. If you notice fading wallpaper, it's likely a normal sign of your home aging. However, if you come across bulges, bumps, or cracks in painted walls, these are not typical signs of aging. These blemishes may indicate underlying foundation issues.
- Windows and doors sticking. If you've observed a decline in the functionality of your doors or windows, it could be indicative of an underlying foundation issue. Keep an eye out for signs such as difficulty opening doors or windows and noticeable gaps between the door or window and its frame when closed.
- Flooring that’s uneven. If you notice sloped or uneven floors in your home, it could indicate underlying problems, like soil settlement or water damage, that require attention and could potentially impact the foundation.
What Can Happen if You Ignore Foundation Problems?
Foundation problems may initially appear insignificant, especially if they manifest as minor cracks or difficulty in opening windows. However, these symptoms indicate an underlying issue that will progressively worsen over time, leading to significant consequences for your home's structural integrity. Ignoring foundation problems can result in your floors becoming uneven, severe cracks in your walls and foundation, and even your home or commercial structure collapsing.
To put it bluntly, foundation problems should never be neglected. Delaying repairs will likely increase the cost of fixing the problem and pose a danger to occupants in worst-case scenarios. Therefore, it is crucial to promptly schedule a professional inspection if you notice any warning signs of potential foundation problems.
Don't wait until it's too late! Act now to protect your home!
Common Foundation Repair Methods
While many options exist, there are two main categories of repairs you can explore to help improve the integrity of your foundation depending on the specific needs of your home or commercial property’s condition:
- Waterproofing. Waterproofing can be an effective solution to address foundation issues caused by water damage. Redirecting water away from the building's foundation can help prevent additional damage and protect the structure’s integrity.
- Piering. Piering is a technique used to support foundations by driving steel piers or helical anchors into the ground underneath. This provides added stability and reinforcement to the foundation.
Our team will thoroughly evaluate factors such as soil type and the extent of damage to make an informed decision regarding the foundation repair method used to resolve your home or commercial property’s foundation issues.
Contact Our Foundation Repair Team in Smyrna for a Free Estimate Today!
United Structural Systems is committed to the success of your foundation repair. That's why we offer a no-hassle warranty on all our work on your home or commercial property’s foundation. This warranty is transferable to new owners if you decide to sell your property. Our unwavering support is a testament to how confident we are in the quality of our work. Rest assured, your foundation is in good hands with us.
Schedule your free estimate today! Don't wait another day to address the cracks in your home or commercial property’s foundation. Contact us online or give us a call at (615) 307-9510. We're here to help!
“I have rarely dealt with any company that comes close to USS in the quality of work they do, and in the honesty, ethics, character, and integrity of their company, staff, and repairmen.” Sandra
“USS is my go-to vendor for everything related to foundation concerns and repairs!” M.E. Myhre - Compass Realty
“If you need foundation repairs this company definitely has your best interest at heart and are very straight forward and honest to deal with.” JV
“A fantastic result. When completed, this "crawl space" will become a 1500sf suite with 9'6" ceilings. Could not have done this without USS.” Rob B.
“Very satisfied customer and I’m able to sleep better during heavy rain not worrying about my crawl space anymore!” Steven F.
We're the right choice.
Lifetime GuaranteeAt no additional charge, we offer transferable lifetime warranties on our foundation repair and waterproofing services.
An Experienced TeamWe’ve worked with over 25,000 customers in Tennessee, Kentucky, and Alabama. Many of our team members have been with us for 5, 10, 15 years or longer.
Hundreds of 5-Star ReviewsOur customer reviews speak for themselves. Click here to check them out.
call for a free consultation.
25+ Years and CountingWe’ve been serving residential and commercial customers since 1994.
Payment & Financing OptionsWe don’t ask for payment until the repairs are completed. We offer financing plans, accept major credit cards and personal checks.
We Won't Sell You An Unnecessary RepairIf your foundation doesn’t need a repair, we’ll let you know.